Monday 20 February 2012

Session with the lads

Despite the cold weather and several mechanical issues over the weekend I managed to finally get a good turbo session ticked off on Saturday evening to test out my lovely new power meter - SRM on FSA cranks followed on Sunday by an early morning rise to be greeted by freezing conditions for steady endurance ride with ride with some of my Raid Corsica buddies, Tony and Paul.


First up on Saturday was GUYAT, a great 1 hour TrainerRoad tempo and sweet spot session. 


Here's the low down
4x10 minute intervals with 2 minutes rest between intervals. Each one increases in intensity starting at tempo and ending at sweet spot.



This is one of my favourite indoor sessions - not hard but you know you've had a workout!


Here's the Guyat ride on STRAVA.


Next up on Sunday was a very early start - heading out at first light to rendezvous with Tony and Paul for a 50 miler in the frost. I wasn't expecting a  puncture repair in the middle of a blizzard - something I doubt we'll encounter in Corsica on the Raid!


It was good to get out in the fresh air and ride in company - I managed a couple of good efforts, including getting 6th place on the Pounden Hill SRAVA segment. Cool.



I was a bit pasted towards the end. Jet lag and a late night was taking it's toll; I was hoping to hit a TSS of 250 for the ride, but only managed 200.


Another quality week in the bag. 


More detail of the full ride can be found on STRAVA.


No comments:

Post a Comment