Monday 6 February 2012

Eclipsed by dragon slayers and my sweet spot


Thank's once again to the guy's at TrainerRoad (@trainerroad) for this great session and 'on screen' motivation when it was -10 outside and snowing. I can't remember the last time I did a turbo session for more than an hour, let alone 90 minutes! 

Eclipsed: here's the gig
3 x long, Sweet Spot efforts (SST) - 20 minutes each - with 5 minute recoveries between each. Added, optional emphasis on cadence with one interval spent over-spinning and another spent under-spinning. (+15/-15 rpm).  

That's 90 minutes to produce TSS 90 at an IF of 0.84. 

For added entertainment, Reign of Fire on Sky Go Desktop - 97 minutes long, so just the right length for this 90 minute sufferfest. Pretty entertaining (while I could see during the first two intervals) with a story line about modern day dragon slayers that didn't take much following, particularly by the time I got round to the 3rd 20 minute SST interval. No Oscar nominations for Christian Bale in this movie!

What actually happened (with the session rather than the film)
The chart below is automatically produced by the TrainerRoad software that sits on your laptop. Ride data is synchronized with the TrainerRoad website at the end of the session, where you can compare yourself with the TrainerRoad community of riders that have completed the same session. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition.

The good news is that I managed to hit my target av. power (236W) in all three intervals, despite the lactic build up in the final effort. Gritty as my friend Simon Jones (@jonessimon2000) would describe it. I just know this kind of session is banking me some credit for those long climbs on the Raid Corsica come May. (Keep talking positive Steve).


The full data file is available on TrainerRoad here.

Not long now until some winter sun in Dubai. I'll need to nail a couple of solid sessions on Monday and Tuesday. I checked out the hotel and they have a good gym with Armstrong spinning bikes so I can sneak a couple of sessions in while away.

No comments:

Post a Comment